Monday, May 2, 2011

Introducing Mindful Mondays


What can I say? I'm such a sucker for alteration - Wordless Wednesday, Mindful Monday... I love the way it rolls around in my brain. Anyway... I digress before I even begin.

Over at The Happiest Mom, Meagan Francis posted last week that she was setting intentions on Mondays and invited everyone to join in. This is inspirational to me - mindfulness, intentions, and resolutions work really well for me and I like the idea of checking back in at the end of the week and see how I did. The original post is here, and I think that instead of quoting it, I will suggest you check out that awesome blog and read it there.

I will leap forward in to my Mindful Monday Intention.

  • WHO: Me and Brother-Bug
  • WHAT: Bedtime Check-In
  • WHY: I get tired and cranky and am often deep in my book when the little guy crawls into bed. I don't really want to be bothered, but there he is needing cuddles. By this point I have already cuddled his sister to sleep and if I am still awake, like I said, I'm trying for a shadow of "Me Time". But I know I am losing something precious when I just get him to lay quietly and sleep without a lot of interaction from me. Also, Brother-Bug is really good at focusing on the negative, and I hope that a positive check in with me helps him focus on what was good about the day, so that he can drift off in a loved and happy space.
  • HOW: When he comes to bed I will put down my book, give him a cuddle (as much as the nursling allows), and ask him what his three best things of the day were. I will tell him my three best things - trying to make one always be about him and how much I love spending time with him. We may then read a chapter of our book, watch some T.V., or read quietly to ourselves... but not without the Three-Happy-Things Check In.
===
That's it. Consider that intention set.


No comments:

Post a Comment