Saturday, July 2, 2011

Catastrophe!

Keep your fingers crossed for me. Apparently a sippy cup of water was behind my laptop last night. Apparently it also tipped over, leaking a puddle of water under and (hopefully not too far) into my computer.

All personal conflicts aside, I am very glad that I got this iPhone. At least I can keep up with the things I must do online, like banking and emails while we figure out what to do with the computer. Buying a new one, in the possibility that this one has visited Davy Jones' Locker is not financially feasible right now.

It's been one of those weeks. Sister-Bug has been dissatisfied for days - sweet and charming to everyone except me, but I am the only one she wants. We are gearing up for Faire as I have already noted. My Dad and his wife parked their RV in our yard for the summer - which is so great - but comes with more yard rearranging than I had planned. Plus I haven't seen them since winter solstice and I want to be hanging out, not doing chores.

But FINALLY it is sunny out. It is warm enough to put on a sundress without a sweater first thing in the morning. Strawberries are ripe all over the place. And I am bound for a couple of delightful hours working at the Eugene Farmers Market.

So I think it will be a good day and a full, rich weekend. And I hope my computer survives. Say a prayer to the gods of technical things and circuits, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment