Sunday, November 6, 2011

National Novel Writing Month (Kind Of)


I have wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo for several years. But while my children are still little, well, 2,000 words is more than I can do. There are many days I feel lucky to write my Daily Haiku. So I have sighed and said "Someday..."

Look! I got started!
And then I wondered why I couldn't make the concept fit into my life, on my terms. I mean, what is more important? That I write a 50,000 word novel because that's what people are doing? Or that I stop wishing for more time and write with the time I have? I know the answer.

So here I am, signing myself up for an abbreviated version of National Novel Writing Month. Instead of a novel, I am committing to finishing the drafts of a picture book series I have had on the back burner for about 4 years. Part of this will include contacting some potential illustrators, and possibly doing research into e-publishing. I anticipate talking with my writer brother about this.

What's the series about? You'll find out.
Keep checking back for more info, as I explore and reveal and revel.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Another NaNo friend!
    Hubby was sad that we just couldn't make it happen again this year. It really just isn't happening this year :)
    As each day goes by I think of all the words I could have strung together. C'est la vie!
    Next year?

    ReplyDelete