Monday, September 12, 2011

Mindful Monday: Clearing My Writing Space

So.... I got this new computer. It's on a desk in our spacious hall. The upside of that is that I am fairly central when I am working on it. The downside is that it's so darn central it's hard for me to get any focused work or writing time. And it hasn't gotten fully put together yet, things like the printer paper haven't found a permanent home, so it ends up being a bit of a paper catch-all on our way to the bedroom.

This Mindful Monday...


Who: Me (probably with some help from Papa-Bug, and teaching some space skills to Brother-Bug)
What: Organizing, clearing, and simplifying my writing space.
Why: So that I don't always have to walk by the Stack. So that I have a clear place to write. So that Brother-Bug has a place he can do his computer work, and I don't have to worry so much about Sister-Bug getting into shenanigans with the items on the desk.
How: Clear off what is here. Analyze the function/aesthetic of each item, if we need it, if it has a better home... get rid of as much as possible. Make some order and visually pleasing space with intention. Make a plan for keeping the space clear and clean. Share this plan with Papa-Bug and Brother-Bug. Get a folding chair so that Sister-Bug can't climb around on the desk so easily (and it opens so floor space in the hall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment